SEO stands for “Search Engine Optimization”. The definition seems really simple. SEO is the process of improving the visibility of a website from “organic”, “natural”, “free” or “earned” search engine result pages. SEO gets in control and examine how search engines work, what people search for, the keywords that are typed into search engines and which search engines are better preferred by their targeted audience. Also, SEO can target different kinds of search, like local search, image search, video search, academic search or news search.
SEO is essential and fundamental. It will help you position your website accurately to be found when the target public needs your site or in the buying process.
If you want a successful search engine optimization campaign, that should have relevant and carefully select keywords which the on-page optimization will be designed to make outstanding for search engine results. The structure of SEO is pretty simple. There are two essential areas: on-page and off-page optimization. When speaking about on-page optimization, we actually speak about those website elements that comprise a web page, like HTML code, images or textual content. On the other side, the off-page optimization is more about the backlinks.
Even if search engines are smart, they still need some help. This is because there is a limit to the way search engines can operate. If the right SEO can guarantee a big number of visitors and full attention, the wrong choices can hide your site in the search results and the visibility will be minimal.
And here comes the question: Can I do SEO for myself? SEO is a complex field but the majority can understand the basics. You can find online different kinds of free SEO courses and if you add some practice you can become very good at this.
Some easy SEO tricks to improve ranking of your website:
- Title. Use a title with 40 to 65 characters to help you increase organic traffic. Also, your title should contain the keyword.
- SEO Friendly URLs. Use the keyword in the page URL and a full URL sense to boost the organic traffic.
- Meta Description. Use a description with a maximum of 156 characters that explain in a simple way what is written in your article. Also, your meta description should contain your keyword.
- Create an About Us page.
- Image optimization. You have to use at least one image in your post.
- Always check your articles for spelling and grammar errors.
- Popup. You have to remove the pop-up windows because they reduce the loading time of your site and irritate visitors.
- Use your keyword in the first paragraph of your article.
Here you can find a very useful video explained by Common Craft about search engine optimization that will cover the basics. Hope that will help you!