A web developer is like a professional problem solver. Every task is a challenge, and it’s your job to find a solution fast. This is why we want to help you when you need it the most. In this article, we’ve gathered together some of the must-have tools and resources that will help you learn, work faster and be more productive.
If you think something is missing from this list, let us know in a comment below!
- InVision -InVision gives teams the freedom to design, review, and user test products—all without a single line of code. With intuitive tools for prototyping, task management, and version control, it’s your entire design process, all in one place.
- Creative Tim – Creative Tim offers Bootstrap based design elements that speed up your development work. From plugins to complex kits, they have everything you need.
- Google Fonts – Google Fonts help you to make the web more beautiful, fast, and open through great typography.
- Fluid UI – An amazing prototyping tool for apps and websites.
- Unsplash – Unsplash is the perfect place to find great and copyright-free photography.
- Colordot – Colordot is a color picker for humans. It’s intuitive, fast, and beautiful.
- Dribbble – Dribbble is a place to show and tell, promote, discover, and explore design.
- ByPeople – ByPeople.com is a content network of useful resources (freebies, tool reviews and code snippets).
- Bootstrap Studio – A powerful desktop app for creating responsive websites using the Bootstrap framework.
- Canva – Use Canva’s drag-and-drop feature and professional layouts to design consistently stunning graphics.
- Pikwizard – A free stock photo website.
- DesignWizard – With Design Wizard every element in your selected template is editable. Change or upload backgrounds, images, video, and colours. Add your logo, change fonts or include apersonalizedd caption.
Mobirise – Mobirise is an offline drag and drop website builder software to design responsive professional-looking websites without coding.
- Cloud9 – Cloud9 provides a development environment in the cloud that allows developers to get started with coding immediately and collaborate with their peers.
- Heroku – Heroku is a container-based cloud Platform as a Service (PaaS). Developers use Heroku to deploy, manage, and scale modern apps.
- Vagrant – Vagrant provides the same, smooth workflow regardless of your role as a developer, operator, or designer.
- CodePen – The best place to build and deploy a website, show off your work, develop test cases, and find inspiration.
- Emmet – A plugin for many popular text editors which greatly improves HTML & CSS workflow.
- Koala – Koala is a GUI application for Less, Sass, Compass and CoffeeScript compilation, to help web developers to use them more efficiently.
- Hurl.it – Hurl.it makes HTTP requests.
Hosting and Browser
- BlueHost – Bluehost is a leading web solutions services provider.
- Piwik – Piwik is the leading open-source analytics platform that gives you more than just convincing analytics.
- Responsinator – Responsinator helps website makers quickly get an indication of how their responsive site will look on the most popular devices.
- Domainr – Domainr helps you find the perfect name for your company or project by exploring the entire domain name space beyond the ubiquitous and crowded .com, .net, and .org.
- Slack – Slack brings all your communication together in one place. It’s real-time messaging, archiving and search for new teams.
- Trello – Trello is the easy, free, flexible, and visual way to manage your projects and organize anything.
- RingCentral – RingCentral is a provider of state-of-the-art cloud communications solutions that help modern companies work the way they need to.
- Asana – Asana is the easiest way for teams to track their work—and get results.
- HipChat – Group chat, video chat, and screen sharing.
- GitHub – GitHub is a development platform inspired by the way you work. You can host and review code, manage projects, and build software alongside millions of other developers.
- Bitbucket – Bitbucket is the Git solution for professional teams.
- freeCodeCamp – An open source community that helps you learn to code.
- Codecademy – Codecademy the best place for our team to learn, teach, and create the online learning experience of the future.
- Dreamweaver Tutorial – Step-by-step guide for creating a website using Dreamweaver.
- CodeSchool – The interactive learning destination for aspiring and experienced developers.
- Tutorialzine – A community of talented developers who learn together.
- Bento – A free full stack web dev curriculum by top engineers.
- WOZ U – It is passionate about inspiring the next generation of innovators and developing the workforce of the future.
- Bootstrap – Bootstrap is the most popular HTML, CSS, and JS framework for developing responsive, mobile first projects on the web.
- Semantic UI – Semantic is a development framework that helps create beautiful, responsive layouts using human-friendly HTML.
- UIkit – A lightweight and modular front-end framework for developing fast and powerful web interfaces.
- Foundation – Foundation is a family of responsive front-end frameworks that make it easy to design beautiful responsive websites, apps, and emails that look amazing on any device.
Web Application Frameworks
- Zend Framework – Zend Framework is a collection of professional PHP packages with more than 136 million installations.
- Laravel – Laravel is a free, open-source PHP web framework, and intended for the development of web applications following the model–view–controller (MVC) architectural pattern.
- Django – Django is a high-level Python Web framework that encourages rapid development and clean, pragmatic design.
- AngularJS – HTML is great for declaring static documents, but it falters when we try to use it for declaring dynamic views in web-applications. AngularJS lets you extend HTML vocabulary for your application.
- Ember.js – A framework for creating ambitious web applications.
- Express – Express is a minimal and flexible Node.js web application framework that provides a robust set of features for web and mobile applications.
- Meteor – Meteor is an open source platform for web, mobile, and desktop.
- Phalcon – A full-stack PHP framework delivered as a C-extension.
- CakePHP – CakePHP makes building web applications simpler, faster while requiring less code.
- Ruby – A dynamic, open source programming language with a focus on simplicity and productivity.
- Scala – Scala is a general-purpose programming language providing support for functional programming and a strong static type system.
- CSS3 – CSS3 is the latest evolution of the Cascading Style Sheets language and aims at extending CSS2.
- SQL – Scala is a domain-specific language used in programming and designed for managing data held in a relational database management system or for stream processing in a relational data stream management system.
- The Go Programming Language – Go is an open source programming language that makes it easy to build simple, reliable, and efficient software.
- HTML5 – A vocabulary and associated APIs for HTML and XHTML.
- PHP – PHP is a popular general-purpose scripting language that is especially suited to web development.
- Rust – Rust is a systems programming language that runs blazingly fast, prevents segfaults, and guarantees thread safety.
- Brackets – A modern, open source text editor that understands web design.
- Coda2 – Coda is everything you need to hand-code a website, in one beautiful app.
- Visual Studio Code – Visual Studio Code is a streamlined code editor with support for development operations like debugging, task running and version control.
- Sublime Text – Sublime Text is a sophisticated text editor for code, markup, and prose.
- Swifticons – Swifticons is a premium set of 2,264 high-quality icons, covering 20 categories in 6 editable styles.
- Icons8 – 52,600 Free Flat Icons, in any format, size, and color in 20 seconds.
- Nucleo App – Nucleo is a library of icons with superpowers.
- Iconfinder – Iconfinder provides high-quality icons to millions of creative professionals.
- Font Awesome – Font Awesome gives you scalable vector icons that can instantly be customized — size, color, drop shadow, and anything that can be done with the power of CSS.