If landing pages didn’t exist and you were designing one for the first time, what landing page elements would you have to make your new creation a success?
These are 9 must have elements of outstanding landing page.
Element 1: Killer Headline
So that is where everything begins – attention, curiosity and interest. The headline is the very first and the most crucial action of a landing page. Here are essentials:
- Keep it short – no more than twenty words, ideally up to ten
- Make it essential – it should inform user what product / service is all about.
- Attract attention – headline should grab user’s attention.
Element 2: An Explanation
No matter how brilliant your product is, if user won’t understand what is it about – you will not sell him anything. Describe, make a presentation or short movie – use whatever form to explain what does it actually do. Which are the best ? Simple and straightforward – prettiness isn’t required.
- Make it user/benefit oriented – “We make apps” with no doubt explains what you do, but if you’ll say “Get an app which makes you money” you will kill 2 birds with 1 stone.
- You can integrate it in your headline or keep it totally separate.
- Combine different form. Photos, (sub)headlines , paragraphs isolated from each other doesn’t explain much, but combined all together creates perfect explanation.
Element 3: Pictures
It is said that images is worth more than 1000 words. Scientists are going further and claim that bran processes images 60 000 times faster than text. Therefore try to use them as much as possible. Couple of hints:
- It should be as large as possible (but still it should align with other elements on the page)
- Pictures should be related to your product / service. If you offer products hire professional photographer and place high res photos of product.
- If you are selling services use pictures which explains relevance to the product at a glance.
- Use only high quality pictures. Don’t accept average nor bad quality.
Element 4: Value Proposition or Benefits
The Value Proposition is “an innovation service/feature intended to make product/service attractive to customers.” As far as your landing page is concerned, this particular element needs to held the most pride place. The VP basically answers the customer’s question, “What is in it for me?”
- Value proposition can be found spread among the various elements.
- The best way to enhance your value proposition is to list customer’s benefits.
- Same as explanation – benefits should be focused on the user.
Element 5: Testimonials
It’s all about trust. Even if your product/service is outstanding, uses cutting edge technology and brings the real value to its potential customer, you will not be able to sell it without trust of your customer. So how to enhance them? Use testimonials!
- Ask your customers to write few words about theirs’ experience with your product/service. Personal experience are the most trustworthy.
- Use testimonials from real people. Experts are great but you don’t need them. Pick testimonials from people which are most relevant to your target audience.
- Don’t forget about pictures. Pictures are key of trust in testimonials. Always use photo of real person.
- Choose the most specific. Avoid generalities. Best testimonials contains numbers, real data and specific references.
Element 6: Methods of Contact
So here we are. You have great product, furthermore you have beautiful and outstanding product. Your perfect landing page did a great job and convinced your customer to buy it. But now guess what. He cannot find anywhere in the page any way to contact you. Instead of new satisfied customer you’ve just gained frustrated anti fan.
Most of the most landing pages have multiple methods of contacts — a phone number, a physical address, an email and a contact form. The more than better – you never know if your customer isn’t old fashion 50+ guy which still doesn’t know how to use email therefore he prefers to call you, so give him a chance!
- At the most basic level, provide assurance that you are a real, existing company. That involves a physical address and a phone number.
- Live chats featured in a popup can be helpful, but not a must-have. Instead make sure that your that your footer is properly filled.
Element 7: Customer base:
Did you sell something already ? Great! Don’t waste time and show that to your future potential customers. That is crystal sign to others – “Hey, people are really using it”, even if they won’t buy it immediately most probably they will give you a chance and go for a trial (therefore it is really important to offer it , if possible).
Put logo of your customers – even if they are not Google or Microsoft. As soon as you gather new, more “famous” customers you can update your customer base. Sometimes it’s better to have smaller companies but from very narrow area than “big names” from entire world. Other companies don’t have to buy you offer because blablacar is using this but for sure will consider purchase if they will see their competitors logo in you customer base.
Element 8: Powerful Call to Action
The last element is the most important element of all — the Call To Action. Non of the element listed before is as important as your CTA. Here are a few must-haves.
- Make it visible! In general, the bigger the better.
- Never use the word “submit.”
- Use something explosive, exciting, and persuasive.
- Use a button. Users have been trained to expect the CTA to be a button so stick with it as it is tried and true. Users really know what to do when they see a button.
Element 9: Logical Flow
And finally but definitely not the least – the logical flow and consistency. Logical flow of a landing page is as much important as content on the landing page. A interested customer will be cognitively engaged while scrolling the landing page. He will read the content carefully so you should make sure that he receive impression in the same order as you would tell him during face-2-face meeting. Thus, you have to lead them through a process of thinking that is logical and compelling.
Remember, long-form landing pages are highly effective. Don’t be afraid to make a landing page really long.
And here comes the best!
If you think that you have to spent lot money to buy or time to prepare outstanding landing page – you are wrong. We offer you our fully responsive landing page totally for FREE.
- Bootstrap based! I’ts really easy to modify!
- It comes with 5 beautiful and bright colors.
- It is fully responsive.
- Clear visual, light colors and beautifully aligned elements.