UX/ User Experience Design is the technical process that improves the quality of interaction between the user and the company. It is useful in testing, development, and creating prototypes, content, and research activities across the company. It mainly collects information about people and tracks them who check websites.
UI/User Interface Design is a graphic designing tool that conveys the visual image and assists in brand building on interactive platforms. It’s a tool, which works towards coding of information in graphic representation; it easily gives maximum information to the user spontaneously.
Few Compatible Prototyping tools for website and mobile apps:
- Sketch, Hype3, Framer, Principle, Origami: For Mac Users.
- Adobe XD, Zeplin, Figma, Webflow, Flinto, Mock plus iDoc: For Mac and Windows Users.
Tricks of creating a website or mobile app:
- Target Audience
- Relevant and Fresh Content
- Readability and Typography
- Quality of Information
- Pertinent and fresh images
- Minimum clicks and scrolls
- Responsive Design
- Make it Simple
- Easy Navigation
- Explanation of used Terminology
- Contact Information/ Form
- Mobile Optimization
- SEO Friendly
- Call- to- Action Buttons
- Social Share and Follow Buttons
- Tested Features, Links and Buttons
- Keep Improving Content and Testing Website
Essential UI/UX Design Tools for Developing a Website:
- Sketch: This tool has almost replaced Photoshop and its version 52 is the preference of the majority of web developers for redesigning interface and for new features. Initially, there was resistance, but the users enjoy the adaptability and learning ease. Web Designing is speedy and cleaner with the grid system of the tool. The file size is smaller than that of Photoshop. With this vector-based tool assists in resizing anything drawn without losing the sharpness of the picture.
Its availability only on Mac is a constraint, sharing the sketch files is difficult and requires additional converters or software’s; this causes delay and additional work for developers and testers.
- Adobe XD: This wireframing tool allows designing of websites and mobile apps at high speed, create the prototype, which allows previewing on mobile devices. Files created using third-party tools can be stored on the cloud for reference and previewing. It introduced voice prototyping; the drawing tools enable you to define interactive features for collecting feedback. It allows sharing of tools required in the project. Publishing content online is very easy and copied content from Adobe Apps makes it faster to use; inbuilt libraries, storage of photos helps a lot in importing them to the board. The UI of Adobe XD is easy for those who have used Photoshop or Illustrator. The designers can prototype or complete the wireframe and share as a link, which allows you to get feedback and organize it version wise.
- Figma is a free but a new tool, compared to Sketch the interface is quite the same. The attractive feature if the real-time collaboration and feedback on a design by the different team members during the designing process to make it efficient and hi-speed. This tool is for Window, Mac and Linux users. Using this tool is simple, works wonderfully for minor corrections, and sharing output in form of graphics files with other apps is possible.
- Framer X: This app has all the features you help you draw, animate, design logos, icons, and customize the creation of most complicated illustrations with ease. Advanced vector editing allows minor changes and fine-tuning the designs with the path editor. Easy transfer of images is possible from designing to production mode. The screen designing and interactive prototyping have the advantage of real-time sharing, preview and feedback collection.
- Affinity Designer: The tool eliminated the need for Photoshop for web developers and graphic designers. The ability of image fine-tuning maintains its quality and sharpness. The UI is like Photoshop and the dissimilarity is they removed all that was unwanted or made focusing tough. It allows users to start designing either from desktop or mobile as the app is complete version and not curtailed. Uniquely it has a 10 Lakh % zoom, which is an added advantage while working on vector art and has the ability to undo over 8000 steps.
- Vaunt: This app for Mac users ingeniously extracts the overriding colors of the selected image, this allows color scheme matching while creating the website. The user-friendly app suggests the dominant colors of images over the panel, according to the need it can be moved. The colors can be copied to the clipboard with a click of a button, its analysis the image to identify the dominant colors for the matching the design pattern.
- Zeplin: The tool converts the files created in Photoshop or Sketch to be used on Mac and Windows. Designing and sharing are simpler, and the loss of data is no more a concern contradictory to the Photoshop trials. Auto-generation of specs and guidelines for the files uploaded reduced lot of workload for the designers and sharing it with developers is faster than ever. It saves time and efforts of designers and front-end developers with the style guide creation for quick reference of colors, fonts, and magnitude for new designs.
- InVision: It is a web-based prototyping tool for UX and UI designers. The designs of all team members if uploaded to the tool, and then they can comment on each file and are visible to clients. This simultaneous action can save time and make interactions easy to track and improvise the designs. This tool keeps on introducing new features due to which highly preferred by the developers.
- Loop 11: This is the best tool to identify the needs of targeted users and observe their tendencies. Readymade templates or creating a new theme, active participation over the documents, interactive features and feedback response all are inviting new users to try this tool. It increases the testing ability of testers by providing UX and remote testing simple to use features. The tool is easy to use even by testers with no previous experience in HTML.
- Balsamiq: This wireframing tool available with inbuilt UI library, which allows you to select from the different elements to create your own design. The desktop and Cloud versions of the app are suitable for the teamwork of graphic designers, web developers, and project managers. Its online testing feature makes easy handover of files to developers
UX and UI are interdependent for the success of the website. The tools and tricks for development can help you create a searchable website.